October 27, 2021
Recycle Your Pumpkins and Gourds With SWACO
The time of year for leftover Halloween and Thanksgiving pumpkins is officially upon us. Often, these items get tossed in the landfill, which creates unnecessary food waste and wastes resources like energy, land, and water.
Several Central Ohio neighborhoods have teamed up with SWACO to provide an easy way for residents to get rid of pumpkins and gourds sustainably. By simply dropping them off at your nearest community location, the items will be recycled and turned into nutrient-rich compost.
Make a difference this fall and drop off your harvest vegetables at these convenient locations:
- Dublin: Accepting pumpkins from October 18th to December 10th at 6555 Shier Rings Road, Dublin, OH 43016. For more details, click here.
- Grandview Heights: Accepting pumpkins from November 5th to November 7th at 1525 Goodale Boulevard, Grandview Heights, OH 43212. For more details, click here.
- Grove City: Accepting pumpkin and gourds from November 8th to November 14th at Fryer Park, 3899 Orders Road, Grove City, OH 43123.
- Hilliard: Accepting pumpkins from October 29th to December 3rd at the dumpsters at 3740 Municipal Way, Hilliard, OH 43026. For more details, click here.
- Upper Arlington: Accepting pumpkins from October 29th through December 3rd at Fancyburg Park, 3375 Kioka Ave Upper Arlington, OH 43221.
- Westerville: Accepting pumpkins year-round at their various food waste drop-off locations. For the complete list of locations, click here.
Thank you for doing your part to help SWACO meet its goal of cutting Central Ohio’s food waste in half by 2030. To learn more about food waste and how you can make a difference, please visit savemorethanfood.org/make-a-difference/